Hei, Hei Houray !
After a very long struggle with different diets, I feel that I finally got what I was looking for. Now I am confident about my body, I think that I am at that point in time when I know what my body needs, I know what and when to eat and drink, and I definitely know what amount of exercise I need for a good, healthy life.
Like I said, it has been a difficult journey that took more than a year, but now I am accomplished and that means the world to me. I really want to share with you the most important rules that I’ve learned along the way.
I hope for those of you who are in need of loosing weight or build some self confidence, this article will be useful, because this is for you 😉 !
For a better understanding of this article, I will take a moment to give you some background regarding my last year’s struggle. Long story short, at the beginning of 2017, I weighted 72 kg (wow!!!), while around October 2017, I had around 46 kg. Currently (June-2018), my weight is 49 kg and I never felt better. It was a hell of a journey with hundreds of ups and downs, a lot of braking points ( hair loss, not being able to stop losing weight, a lot of fatigue etc ) and a tone of rewarding moments, so, without further ado, let’s get to the point 😀 .
1. The first and most important rule is DO NOT STARVE ! It’s so easy to get on that path when you need a quickly result or when you want to see changes immediately and it’s the worst thing that you can do because, along with your kilos, you will lose some precious vitamins & nutrients that you definitely need for your health.
2. Drink a lot of water! I say this a lot, I know, but it is essential to stay hydrated, even more when you want to lose weight or when you want to build some self confidence, because you will actually glow 😉 .
3. Do not eat between your meals ! This is the tough one especially when you start your diet. I used to love a “quick bite” whenever I felt like, and I tell you for sure I felt a lot 😀 , but that had to change. Depending on what your meal plan is (3 important meals/day & 2 snaks or any other at your choice), try your best not to eat ANYTHING between them.
4. Once you start your journey with the gold purpose of losing weight, take into account purchasing some vitamins. Even if you chose a very healthy diet with a lot of green stuff, fruits and vegetables, the small quantity of food that you ingest / day is not enough in majority of cases to fill in for your losses.
5. Even if I am a strongly believer in “Abs are first made in the kitchen” I know for sure that “FIRST” is the key word of this sentence 😉 . Without a good workout in a daily basis those abs made in the kitchen will not survive 😉 ! Not to mention that sport is the most important part of a heathy life !
6. Chose not to rely on the “cheating day” ! Even if it is a lot of hard work behind the perfect meal plan that works for you, you are allowed to try different things in order to be able to eat in a regular basis things that you love. If you want chocolate today don’t wait until “cheating day” to eat chocolate because you’ll become tired of doing so, and you’ll quit.
7. I am totally against measuring quantities, I am a strong believer in making my life easier and that is why I never measure anything. Even so, I have recently discovered a very useful and so easy to work with application, that is available for both on Android & iPhone, which counts calories. Using it, I was able to maintain my weight in the last couple of months. I can’t recommend it enough because it really made my life easier. I am talking about “MyPlate”, the best tool for losing or maintaining weight that I’ve found until now.
I hope that you will find some useful stuff in here that, maybe, will guide you through your journey. See you in my next one 😉 !